Case of model code violation against ex-Speaker
Allahabad: A case of violation of model code
of conduct has been lodged against former UP Assembly speaker
and BJP`s candidate from Allahabad (South) constituency Keshri
Nath Tripathi, whose supporters allegedly assaulted a police
official when he objected to their blocking a road.
"A case of violating code of conduct was lodged against
Tripathi at Mutthiganj police station late last night. Those
who had assaulted the in-charge of the police station are
being identified and stern action will be initiated against
them," Additional Superintendent of Police (City) SS Baghel
He said the police official was beaten up at an election
meeting last night when he asked party supporters to move
aside as they were blocking the road which was in violation of
the code of conduct.
However, BJP sources claimed that none of their
supporters had assaulted the police official, who, they
alleged, had misbehaved at the election meeting which was
addressed among others by party MP and star campaigner
Tripathi, who has been a five-time MLA from the seat, had
lost the 2007 Assembly elections.
He is locked in a three-cornered contest with Chaudhary
Jitendranath Singh of the Congress, who is also the city
Mayor, and sitting MLA and UP cabinet minister Nand Gopal
Gupta "Nandi" who is the ruling BSP`s nominee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'