Case of model code violation against ex-Speaker
Allahabad: A case of violation of model code
of conduct has been lodged against former UP Assembly speaker
and BJP`s candidate from Allahabad (South) constituency Keshri
Nath Tripathi, whose supporters allegedly assaulted a police
official when he objected to their blocking a road.
"A case of violating code of conduct was lodged against
Tripathi at Mutthiganj police station late last night. Those
who had assaulted the in-charge of the police station are
being identified and stern action will be initiated against
them," Additional Superintendent of Police (City) SS Baghel
He said the police official was beaten up at an election
meeting last night when he asked party supporters to move
aside as they were blocking the road which was in violation of
the code of conduct.
However, BJP sources claimed that none of their
supporters had assaulted the police official, who, they
alleged, had misbehaved at the election meeting which was
addressed among others by party MP and star campaigner
Tripathi, who has been a five-time MLA from the seat, had
lost the 2007 Assembly elections.
He is locked in a three-cornered contest with Chaudhary
Jitendranath Singh of the Congress, who is also the city
Mayor, and sitting MLA and UP cabinet minister Nand Gopal
Gupta "Nandi" who is the ruling BSP`s nominee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?