Cave similar to Bhimbetka found in MP
Bhopal, July 12: Madhya Pradesh Archaeological
Department has found a rare one-km-long cave in Raisen
district similar to the famous world heritage site Bhimbetka,
which is home to the rare rock paintings.
The one-km-long cave has been identified as
"Mrigendranath Cave" near Patni village in Raisen district and
Neely 80 km away from Bhimbetka, an official release said here
The Minister for Culture and Public Relations along
with Secretary Culture Manoj Shrivastava and Commissioner
Archaeology, JL Malpani visited the spot by walking for nearly
three km from Patni village to reach Mrigendranath cave.
The cave`s entry is so narrow that only one person at
a time can enter it by virtually crawling, but once inside it
is a huge and long cave having images of various gods, it
On entering inside one encounters the image of Lord
Bajrangbali (Hanuman) and feet of Lord Shiva carved neatly
carved on a stone, the release said.
There are different kinds of natural stone resembling
Gajanan, crocodile, frog, Govardhan and Siddha Baba it said.
The experts also found Gupta Godavari cave, Vindhyachal
cave figures of Gajanan and fish, seven Yagna Kunds and Dhunis
inside it, the release said.
The government is planning to develop the spot as a
major tourist attraction by launching preservation and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video