Cave similar to Bhimbetka found in MP
Bhopal, July 12: Madhya Pradesh Archaeological
Department has found a rare one-km-long cave in Raisen
district similar to the famous world heritage site Bhimbetka,
which is home to the rare rock paintings.
The one-km-long cave has been identified as
"Mrigendranath Cave" near Patni village in Raisen district and
Neely 80 km away from Bhimbetka, an official release said here
The Minister for Culture and Public Relations along
with Secretary Culture Manoj Shrivastava and Commissioner
Archaeology, JL Malpani visited the spot by walking for nearly
three km from Patni village to reach Mrigendranath cave.
The cave`s entry is so narrow that only one person at
a time can enter it by virtually crawling, but once inside it
is a huge and long cave having images of various gods, it
On entering inside one encounters the image of Lord
Bajrangbali (Hanuman) and feet of Lord Shiva carved neatly
carved on a stone, the release said.
There are different kinds of natural stone resembling
Gajanan, crocodile, frog, Govardhan and Siddha Baba it said.
The experts also found Gupta Godavari cave, Vindhyachal
cave figures of Gajanan and fish, seven Yagna Kunds and Dhunis
inside it, the release said.
The government is planning to develop the spot as a
major tourist attraction by launching preservation and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?