Guangzhou: Under scanner Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi today refused to talk about the Queen Baton Relay`s controversy, which resulted in the arrest of three of his close aides, and said he has not been summoned by the CBI back home in India.
"No, I have not been summoned," was the prompt reply from Kalmadi, who is in Guangzhou for the Asian Games.
When asked whether he has been asked by the CBI to come back to India, Kalmadi said, "No, No, No (smiling)."
Kalmadi`s aides - T S Darbari, Sanjay Mahendroo and M Jayachandran -- were arrested for alleged financial irregularities during the organisation of the Relay in London last year and are presently in CBI custody, pending investigation.
While Darbari and Mahendroo have been in CBI custody since their arrest on November 15, Jayachandran was arrested on the November 20.
When asked about his whereabouts, the OC chairman told reporters, "I am here for the closing ceremony. I have been in Monaco and I have been in China (for the last one week)."
Refusing to talk about the arrest of his three aides in India, Kalmadi said, "We will talk about this in Delhi. Let`s talk about athletics here."