CBI opposes Padamsinh Patil`s bail plea
Mumbai: The CBI on Monday opposed the bail
application of suspended NCP MP Padamsinh Patil, arrested for
his alleged involvement in the 2006 murder of Congress leader
Pawanraje Nimbalkar, stating that he is the prime conspirator
in the case.
"There is strong circumstantial and direct evidence
against Patil to prove that he was the prime accused who
hatched the conspiracy to kill Nimbalkar," CBI said in its
reply filed before a sessions court in Alibag.
Patil, who was arrested in June this year, had approached
the court last week seeking bail on the grounds that his
custody was not required anymore as CBI has filed its
chargesheet in the case.
CBI, however, argued that if released on bail, Patil
might influence the witnesses and tamper with evidence.
The Sessions Court is likely to pass its order on the
bail application on September 17.
Patil had in July this year approached the Sessions Court
seeking bail. The court had however rejected the plea after
observing that it was a serious offence and that there was
prima facie evidence against Patil.
The CBI in its 5000-page chargesheet had named Patil as
the prime accused among eight other accused for allegedly
hatching the conspiracy and murdering Nimbalkar and his driver
Samad Kazi in June 2006 due to political and business rivalry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year