CBI questions Essar CEO Prashant Ruia
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Thursday questioned the CEO of Essar Telecom, Prashant Ruia, at its headquarters in connection with the 2G telecom scam, officials said.
"He is present at our office and is being questioned," a CBI official told a news agency.
CBI had earlier told a Delhi court that former communications minister A. Raja had given favours to at least two telecom firms, Swan Telecom and Unitech.
The top officials of other telecom companies who were allocated spectrum and licenses for 2G mobile phone services were also questioned by the CBI.
The scam relates to irregularities in the allotment of second generation spectrum to telecom companies that caused huge losses to the national exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city