CBI reconstitutes team probing Aarushi murder case
New Delhi: Under criticism for the manner it
probed the sensational Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, the CBI has
constituted a new team to investigate the double murder in
The new team will be headed by SP, CBI Neelabh Krishna
while Joint Director Lucknow Javed Ahmed and Special Director
S C Sinha have been given supervisory roles. Other members of
the team will be chosen on the recommendation of Ahmed and
Sinha, CBI spokesperson said here today.
"This was necessitated as SP incharge Vijay Kumar was
transferred and Arun Kumar Joint Director is going back to
his cadre. Joint Director Lucknow Javed Ahmed and Special
Director S C Sinha will be at the Supervisory level. The other
members of team will be posted as per recommendations of the
supervisory officers," he said.
Kumar, a 1985-batch IPS officer, will be joining his
parent cadre Uttar Pradesh in November this year.
CBI officials maintain that the decision to constitute a
new team was taken because Director Ashwani Kumar did not
agree with the line of investigation taken by the previous
team, sources in the agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves