CBI reconstitutes team probing Aarushi murder case
New Delhi: Under criticism for the manner it
probed the sensational Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, the CBI has
constituted a new team to investigate the double murder in
The new team will be headed by SP, CBI Neelabh Krishna
while Joint Director Lucknow Javed Ahmed and Special Director
S C Sinha have been given supervisory roles. Other members of
the team will be chosen on the recommendation of Ahmed and
Sinha, CBI spokesperson said here today.
"This was necessitated as SP incharge Vijay Kumar was
transferred and Arun Kumar Joint Director is going back to
his cadre. Joint Director Lucknow Javed Ahmed and Special
Director S C Sinha will be at the Supervisory level. The other
members of team will be posted as per recommendations of the
supervisory officers," he said.
Kumar, a 1985-batch IPS officer, will be joining his
parent cadre Uttar Pradesh in November this year.
CBI officials maintain that the decision to constitute a
new team was taken because Director Ashwani Kumar did not
agree with the line of investigation taken by the previous
team, sources in the agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars