CBI registers case against Puducherry Collector
Puducherry: CBI has registered a case against
Collector and Special Secretary to Puducherry government G
Ragesh Chandra and others over alleged irregularities in
constructing houses under the tsunami rehabilitation project.
Ragesh Chandra is also Director of Project Implementation
Agency, formed by the government for implementation of tsunami
rehabilitation and relief works in coastal villages.
Sources told agency that the CBI had questioned the
Collector and conducted searches at his residence here on
August 2 on a complaint from a NGO of irregularities in
implementing the project and also violation of tender rules in
construction of hundreds of houses for tsunami victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites