CBI to handle abetment case against Rathore?
New Delhi: The Centre on Friday indicated that
the CBI may take over the fresh case of abetment to suicide
against disgraced former DGP S P S Rathore and the probe will
also focus on the role of policemen who were involved in the
alleged illegal detention and torture of Ruchika`s brother.
Highly-placed sources in the Home Ministry said Haryana
Police will register an abetment to suicide case under Section
306 of IPC against Rathore who got away with a light sentence
of six months imprisonment in the Ruchika molestation case,
which may be later transferred to CBI.
They said the probe would not only focus on Rathore`s
role but also find out the role of policemen who helped the
accused in alleged illegal detention and torture of victim`s
Rathore today got interim bail from a court in Panchkula
in two fresh cases of harassment of Ashu, which includes an
attempt to murder charge, and doctoring of post-mortem report
Ruchika`s family was allegedly threatened by Rathore to
cremate her on the day post-mortem was conducted after her
suicide in 1993, they said.
There are allegations that Rathore had told Ruchika`s
father Subhash Girhotra that Ashu, who was in police custody,
would only be released only after the family concedes to his
demand of immediate cremation, the sources said, adding this
would also be probed by the investigating agency.
The sources said family did as was told and Ashu was
released the next day.
A day after Ashu`s release, the family sold its house in
Panchkula which is alleged to have been brought by Rathore`s
lawyer indicating the involvement of Rathore in the entire
incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends