CBI to question Buta Singh as witness in bribery case
Nagpur: The CBI will question Buta Singh, Chairman of National Commission for Schedule Caste, "as a witness" in connection with his son`s arrest in a bribery case, a senior official said on Tuesday.
"Buta Singh will be questioned as a witness and not as a
co-accused or over his alleged involvement in the bribery case
of Rs one crore," CBI Joint Director Rishiraj Singh told a
Buta Singh`s son Sarobjit was arrested on July 31 by the
CBI for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs one crore from a
Nashik-based contractor to close an atrocity case against him.
The case is pending with the Schedule Caste Commission.
Talking about speedy trials of CBI cases in Maharashtra,
Singh said two more special courts one each in Aurangabad and
Nagpur will be opened shortly adding to the existing 23
About vacancies lying in CBI, Singh said the state police
has agreed to send inspector level officers on deputation
to the central agency which will help overcome the staff
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'