Celebration time for automobile cos as sales zoom in Sept
New Delhi: Automakers are having an advanced
Diwali celebration as sales soared in September, led by the
likes of Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai Motor, Mahindra & Mahindra and
Hero Honda, which posted handsome double digits growths.
While the country`s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki saw
its domestic sales rising by 10.7 per cent, rival Hyundai
Motor`s sales soared by 24.61 per cent.
Maruti Suzuki sold 71,594 units in September against
64,682 units in the same month last year. Hyundai Motor`s
sales stood at 27,803 units during the month against 22,311
units in September 2008.
Homegrown auto major Mahindra & Mahindra reported a jump
of 36.75 per cent in the domestic sales of its utility
vehicles last month at 21,961 units against 16,059 units
during the same month last year.
Tata Motors` passenger car sales in September rose by
9.59 per cent in the domestic market to 18,176 units compared
with 16,586 units in the year-ago period.
Carmaker General Motors India saw its sales climbing by
48.51 per cent to 7,654 units, the highest ever monthly sales
registered by the company in the domestic market. It had sold
a total of 5,154 units during September last year.
Ford India reported a 49.80 per cent jump in its sales
for September at 3,405 units from 2,273 units during the same
month last year.
Czech luxury car maker SkodaAuto reported a 52.84 per
cent growth in its sales at 1,854 units. It had sold 1,213
units during September last year. Honda Siel Cars India posted
86.66 per cent rise in its sales at 5,794 units against
3,104 units in the year-ago period.
In the two-wheeler segment, market leader Hero Honda
witnessed a 4.16 per cent jump in sales at 4,01,290 units in
September compared to 3,85,262 units in the year-ago period.
Chennai-based TVS Motor Company`s total two-wheeler sales
jumped by 3.67 per cent and stood at 1,42,553 units against
1,37,246 units in the same month of 2008.
Another bike maker India Yamaha Motor`s sales have soared
by more than two-fold to 26,394 units from 10,142 units in the
corresponding month last year. Suzuki Motorcycle India also
reported a 25.61 per cent growth in September at 15,719 units,
while its September sales for last year was 12,514 units.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living