Celtic quiet Sounders to get first win of Tour
Seattle: Celtic beat the Seattle Sounders 2-1 Sunday to claim the first win of their North American Tour.
After a 1-0 loss to Major League Soccer side the Philadelphia Union and a 3-1 mauling from Manchester United in Toronto, the Scottish league runners-up finally got a win thanks to goals from Georgios Samaras and Patrick McCourt.
Samaras scored the opener in the 33rd minute from the penalty spot. The Sounders were reduced to 10 men when keeper Terry Boss was shown a red card for bringing down Samaras.
McCourt added to the Celtic advantage scoring on the counter-attack in the 64th minute while David Estrada answered for the Sounders two minutes later to give the home crowd a consolation goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'