Celtic quiet Sounders to get first win of Tour
Seattle: Celtic beat the Seattle Sounders 2-1 Sunday to claim the first win of their North American Tour.
After a 1-0 loss to Major League Soccer side the Philadelphia Union and a 3-1 mauling from Manchester United in Toronto, the Scottish league runners-up finally got a win thanks to goals from Georgios Samaras and Patrick McCourt.
Samaras scored the opener in the 33rd minute from the penalty spot. The Sounders were reduced to 10 men when keeper Terry Boss was shown a red card for bringing down Samaras.
McCourt added to the Celtic advantage scoring on the counter-attack in the 64th minute while David Estrada answered for the Sounders two minutes later to give the home crowd a consolation goal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs