Central Bank of India Q1 net up 4-fold at Rs 267 cr
Mumbai: State-run Central Bank of India on Monday reported over 4-fold growth in net profit at Rs 266.80 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2009.
Total income rose by 24.24 percent to Rs 3,196.06 crore during the first quarter, Central Bank of India said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
During the April-June quarter, the bank`s interest income grew 16.22 percent to Rs 2,802.48 crore, while interest expenditure rose by 15 percent to Rs 2,225.30 crore over the same period last year.
Shares of the bank were trading at Rs 103.60 in the afternoon trade on BSE, down 0.19 percent over previous close.
BoI Q1 net profit up 3% at Rs 584 cr
Bank of India on Monday said its net profit rose by 3.98 percent to Rs 584.32 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2009, over the same period last year.
Total income rose to Rs 5,023.61 crore in the latest quarter, against Rs 4,114.74 crore in the same period previous fiscal, the state-run bank said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Shares of Bank of India were trading at Rs 333.50 on the BSE, down 4.10 percent from the previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India