Central funds being misused in UP: Priyanka
Bhavanigarh (UP): Alleging that funds meant
for central schemes were being misused by the Uttar Pradesh
government even as the projects were running smoothly in other
states, Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi today
exhorted electorates to realise the importance of their vote.
"The funds sent to the state does not reach you. It is
eaten up by the government here. You must have seen how many
schemes have been given by the Centre and how much funds are
given for them but it gets stuck in the state," she said in an
election rally here.
Schemes like MNREGS have been made keeping in mind the
requirement of the people and is running smoothly in other
states, she said.
Exhorting the electorates to realise the importance of
their votes, she said, "You should realise your strength and
that of your vote. Make only that person an MLA who works
for you...whose intentions are good...It is the habit of
leaders that they make you forget your strength so that you
think that they are very powerful."
Reiterating that politics in Uttar Pradesh has become
"opportunistic", Gandhi said, "Leaders come and make promises
on caste and religious lines and mislead the people and then
snatch their rights."
"The difference between Congress and other parties is
that it treats all equally...not concentrate on any particular
caste or religion and work for the future of all," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi