Central funds being misused in UP: Priyanka
Bhavanigarh (UP): Alleging that funds meant
for central schemes were being misused by the Uttar Pradesh
government even as the projects were running smoothly in other
states, Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi today
exhorted electorates to realise the importance of their vote.
"The funds sent to the state does not reach you. It is
eaten up by the government here. You must have seen how many
schemes have been given by the Centre and how much funds are
given for them but it gets stuck in the state," she said in an
election rally here.
Schemes like MNREGS have been made keeping in mind the
requirement of the people and is running smoothly in other
states, she said.
Exhorting the electorates to realise the importance of
their votes, she said, "You should realise your strength and
that of your vote. Make only that person an MLA who works
for you...whose intentions are good...It is the habit of
leaders that they make you forget your strength so that you
think that they are very powerful."
Reiterating that politics in Uttar Pradesh has become
"opportunistic", Gandhi said, "Leaders come and make promises
on caste and religious lines and mislead the people and then
snatch their rights."
"The difference between Congress and other parties is
that it treats all equally...not concentrate on any particular
caste or religion and work for the future of all," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why