Central package unacceptable to Nagas: NSCN-IM
Kohima: The NSCN-IM on Wednesday termed as an
insult the `inclusive package` offer by the Centre and said
nothing except integration of Naga-inhabited areas in the
northeast is acceptable to the Nagas.
The Centre has ruled out the integration demand and
offered an `inclusive package` to NSCN-IM.
"If it reflected the opinion of the UPA government to
settle the Naga issue then it was `an antithesis` to the
bilateral agreement signed between NSCN-IM and New Delhi in
1997, and therefore not acceptable to the Naga people," the
NSCN-IM said in a statement.
Mentioning the chronology of events of the ongoing
peace talks between the two sides, the NSCN-IM said keeping
the Nagas divided and seeking a solution through `imposition
of Indian will on the Nagas` is not a sign of political
maturity of the Indian leadership.
"The application of colonial divide and rule policy by
the Indian state towards the Nagas would create more problems
for India than solving it," the statement said.
Asserting that the Naga problem cannot be resolved
through social, economic and cultural packages, the NSCN-IM
said "It is simply not acceptable to the Nagas rather it is an
insult and amounts to adding salt to open sores."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?