Central package unacceptable to Nagas: NSCN-IM
Kohima: The NSCN-IM on Wednesday termed as an
insult the `inclusive package` offer by the Centre and said
nothing except integration of Naga-inhabited areas in the
northeast is acceptable to the Nagas.
The Centre has ruled out the integration demand and
offered an `inclusive package` to NSCN-IM.
"If it reflected the opinion of the UPA government to
settle the Naga issue then it was `an antithesis` to the
bilateral agreement signed between NSCN-IM and New Delhi in
1997, and therefore not acceptable to the Naga people," the
NSCN-IM said in a statement.
Mentioning the chronology of events of the ongoing
peace talks between the two sides, the NSCN-IM said keeping
the Nagas divided and seeking a solution through `imposition
of Indian will on the Nagas` is not a sign of political
maturity of the Indian leadership.
"The application of colonial divide and rule policy by
the Indian state towards the Nagas would create more problems
for India than solving it," the statement said.
Asserting that the Naga problem cannot be resolved
through social, economic and cultural packages, the NSCN-IM
said "It is simply not acceptable to the Nagas rather it is an
insult and amounts to adding salt to open sores."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know