Central package unacceptable to Nagas: NSCN-IM
Kohima: The NSCN-IM on Wednesday termed as an
insult the `inclusive package` offer by the Centre and said
nothing except integration of Naga-inhabited areas in the
northeast is acceptable to the Nagas.
The Centre has ruled out the integration demand and
offered an `inclusive package` to NSCN-IM.
"If it reflected the opinion of the UPA government to
settle the Naga issue then it was `an antithesis` to the
bilateral agreement signed between NSCN-IM and New Delhi in
1997, and therefore not acceptable to the Naga people," the
NSCN-IM said in a statement.
Mentioning the chronology of events of the ongoing
peace talks between the two sides, the NSCN-IM said keeping
the Nagas divided and seeking a solution through `imposition
of Indian will on the Nagas` is not a sign of political
maturity of the Indian leadership.
"The application of colonial divide and rule policy by
the Indian state towards the Nagas would create more problems
for India than solving it," the statement said.
Asserting that the Naga problem cannot be resolved
through social, economic and cultural packages, the NSCN-IM
said "It is simply not acceptable to the Nagas rather it is an
insult and amounts to adding salt to open sores."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it