Central package unacceptable to Nagas: NSCN-IM
Kohima: The NSCN-IM on Wednesday termed as an
insult the `inclusive package` offer by the Centre and said
nothing except integration of Naga-inhabited areas in the
northeast is acceptable to the Nagas.
The Centre has ruled out the integration demand and
offered an `inclusive package` to NSCN-IM.
"If it reflected the opinion of the UPA government to
settle the Naga issue then it was `an antithesis` to the
bilateral agreement signed between NSCN-IM and New Delhi in
1997, and therefore not acceptable to the Naga people," the
NSCN-IM said in a statement.
Mentioning the chronology of events of the ongoing
peace talks between the two sides, the NSCN-IM said keeping
the Nagas divided and seeking a solution through `imposition
of Indian will on the Nagas` is not a sign of political
maturity of the Indian leadership.
"The application of colonial divide and rule policy by
the Indian state towards the Nagas would create more problems
for India than solving it," the statement said.
Asserting that the Naga problem cannot be resolved
through social, economic and cultural packages, the NSCN-IM
said "It is simply not acceptable to the Nagas rather it is an
insult and amounts to adding salt to open sores."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!