Centre grants Rs 913 cr worth highway projects in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Claiming that there is no dearth of funds, union Minister of State for Road Transport and Highway Mahadeo Singh Khanela on Monday said that in the current fiscal year, Centre has earmarked a sum of Rs 913 crores for national highway works including repair and maintenance.
Six laning of Gurgaon-Kotputali-Jaipur section of
National Highway-8 in Rajasthan were underway, the minister
told reporters after holding a high level review
meeting with the state officials here.
Of the Rs 913 FY grants, Rs 557 would be spent on the
national highways` shoulder works and maintenance in
Rajasthan, he said, adding that the state PWD would undertake
Similarly under "sadak nidhi" the remaining 356 crores
would be spent on 40 new roads in the state, he said adding
that the state government`s proposal to convert state
highways measuring about 2120 kms into national highway on
various routes was under consideration as it required funds of
Rs 5,000 crores.
Former Prime Minister AB Vajpayee`s golden quadrilateral
highways measuring 5,724 kilometres was almost completed
barring about 122 kms.
On a question of alleged corruption in road constructions
on highways, he said, a committe would be set up to probe the
cases, which were brought to the notice of the ministry.
He also emphasised that there was no dearth of funds
with the Centre for infrastructure development projects like
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India