Centre grants Rs 913 cr worth highway projects in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Claiming that there is no dearth of funds, union Minister of State for Road Transport and Highway Mahadeo Singh Khanela on Monday said that in the current fiscal year, Centre has earmarked a sum of Rs 913 crores for national highway works including repair and maintenance.
Six laning of Gurgaon-Kotputali-Jaipur section of
National Highway-8 in Rajasthan were underway, the minister
told reporters after holding a high level review
meeting with the state officials here.
Of the Rs 913 FY grants, Rs 557 would be spent on the
national highways` shoulder works and maintenance in
Rajasthan, he said, adding that the state PWD would undertake
Similarly under "sadak nidhi" the remaining 356 crores
would be spent on 40 new roads in the state, he said adding
that the state government`s proposal to convert state
highways measuring about 2120 kms into national highway on
various routes was under consideration as it required funds of
Rs 5,000 crores.
Former Prime Minister AB Vajpayee`s golden quadrilateral
highways measuring 5,724 kilometres was almost completed
barring about 122 kms.
On a question of alleged corruption in road constructions
on highways, he said, a committe would be set up to probe the
cases, which were brought to the notice of the ministry.
He also emphasised that there was no dearth of funds
with the Centre for infrastructure development projects like
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise