`Centre responsible if anything happens to Ramdev`
Patran: Warning the Centre of
"consequences" in the event of anything happening to Ramdev,
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday asked the
government to "immediately" concede to the yoga guru`s demands
on corruption and black money.
Badal said the entire onus of law and order situation
would be on the Union government in such circumstances.
"The Central Government should have realised the
significance of these social causes led by Baba Ramdev which
had the mandate of every Indian who wanted to weed out the
corruption from the political system and bring back the black
money from the foreign banks to the country," he said.
"The Centre should be ready to face the consequences in
the future, if anything untoward happened to the life of Baba
Ramdev and consequently the law and order situation," the
chief minister was quoted as saying in an official release.
Badal reiterated that the Shiromani Akali Dal was already
a votary to end the corruption and bring back black money to
India so that it could be utilised on the development and
welfare schemes especially for the amelioration of poverty.
"To retrieve black money is not at all a big issue, but
only strong political will is needed for which the Centre must
On next year`s Assembly elections in Punjab, Badal said
the ruling SAD-BJP alliance would contest them solely on the
plank of development, communal harmony and peace.
"Development, communal harmony and peace will be our
poll plank," Badal said on the sidelines of his `Sangat
Darshan` programme here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley