Centre`s failure on price rise has snatched peoples` meal: Sushma Swaraj
Ahmedabad: Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj on Saturday alleged the Centre`s failure in checking the price rise has resulted in snatching the common man`s meal.
"On the one hand, the government at the Centre is neck deep into corruption and on the other...Sustained price rise has made the common man`s life miserable...How can people run their homes amidst a soaring price rise scenario"? Swaraj said while addressing a poll rally at Chandkheda area here.
"We also ruled for six years at the Centre but never committed the sin of snatching away common man`s meal," she claimed.
"People reeling under price hike faced another blow when the government brought in FDI in retail," Swaraj said charging the decision would adversely impact four crore small shopkeepers directly who never demand a penny from the government.
"They have brought in FDI to render them jobless," she alleged adding that as such, BJP was not against bringing FDI in India but not in sectors like multi-brand retail.
The BJP leader said election is a time to pat the back of those who had done good work. "At the same time, it is an opportunity to teach a lesson to non-performing ones," she added.
"I hope you all will teach a befitting lesson to Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh by voting Narendra Modi to power for the third time in a row," Swaraj said drawing parallels between the Centre`s rule and Modi`s governance.
"The agriculture growth rate of Gujarat is over 11 per cent, far ahead of the national average of three per cent or so," Swaraj said.
Showering praises on Modi, Swaraj said his good governance has proved that there was no anti-incumbency factor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured