C`garh on high alert; Maoists call for nationwide bandh
Raipur: Police in Chhattisgarh have been
put on high alert in view of Saturday’s nationwide shutdown
called by the Maoists to protest the arrest of its senior
leader Kobad Ghandy.
Director General of Police Vishwaranjan told yesterday
said the police in the state, one of the worst hit by Left
wing extremism, have been asked to be prepared to deal with
any eventuality as the Naxals may try to create disturbance
during the day-long shutdown.
Police stations bordering other states have been told
to maintain heightened vigil, senior officials said, adding
railway stations and hotels in main cities are being checked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"