C`garh on high alert; Maoists call for nationwide bandh
Raipur: Police in Chhattisgarh have been
put on high alert in view of Saturday’s nationwide shutdown
called by the Maoists to protest the arrest of its senior
leader Kobad Ghandy.
Director General of Police Vishwaranjan told yesterday
said the police in the state, one of the worst hit by Left
wing extremism, have been asked to be prepared to deal with
any eventuality as the Naxals may try to create disturbance
during the day-long shutdown.
Police stations bordering other states have been told
to maintain heightened vigil, senior officials said, adding
railway stations and hotels in main cities are being checked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda