C`garh on high alert; Maoists call for nationwide bandh
Raipur: Police in Chhattisgarh have been
put on high alert in view of Saturday’s nationwide shutdown
called by the Maoists to protest the arrest of its senior
leader Kobad Ghandy.
Director General of Police Vishwaranjan told yesterday
said the police in the state, one of the worst hit by Left
wing extremism, have been asked to be prepared to deal with
any eventuality as the Naxals may try to create disturbance
during the day-long shutdown.
Police stations bordering other states have been told
to maintain heightened vigil, senior officials said, adding
railway stations and hotels in main cities are being checked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test