C`garh on high alert; Maoists call for nationwide bandh
Raipur: Police in Chhattisgarh have been
put on high alert in view of Saturday’s nationwide shutdown
called by the Maoists to protest the arrest of its senior
leader Kobad Ghandy.
Director General of Police Vishwaranjan told yesterday
said the police in the state, one of the worst hit by Left
wing extremism, have been asked to be prepared to deal with
any eventuality as the Naxals may try to create disturbance
during the day-long shutdown.
Police stations bordering other states have been told
to maintain heightened vigil, senior officials said, adding
railway stations and hotels in main cities are being checked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!