Ch Rameshwari bags fourth gold
Ranchi: India`s star rider Ch Rameshwari Devi continued her golden run, picking up the fourth yellow metal on Monday as Manipur dominated the Sidho Kanhu Velodrome Stadium in the 34th National Games here.
Having claimed a hat-trick of gold medals on Sunday, Rameshwari bagged the women`s 200m sprint on Monday, pipping her statemate K Suchitra Devi, with a timing of 13.876.
Kerala`s Kezia Verghese had to be content with a third spot finish.
Manipur clinched their second gold in the men`s 200m sprint cycling event when Asia Cup (Japan round) bronze medallist Bikram Singh Okram of Manipur claimed his second gold with a timing of 13.338 en route to the 200m sprint title.
Punjab`s Amrit Singh and R L Manoj of Services won the silver and bronze, respectively.
Pankaj Kumar of Haryana clinched the men`s 6km scratch title with a timing of 09:51.30, while Amandeep Singh (Punjab) and Manpreet Singh Kalsi (Maharashtra) settled for silver and bronze, respectively.
Gurpreet Kaur earned Punjab the title in women`s 4km scratch, clocking 07:27.723, while Rejani V (Kerala) and T Nita Devi (Manipur) finished with silver and bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir