Ch Rameshwari bags fourth gold
Ranchi: India`s star rider Ch Rameshwari Devi continued her golden run, picking up the fourth yellow metal on Monday as Manipur dominated the Sidho Kanhu Velodrome Stadium in the 34th National Games here.
Having claimed a hat-trick of gold medals on Sunday, Rameshwari bagged the women`s 200m sprint on Monday, pipping her statemate K Suchitra Devi, with a timing of 13.876.
Kerala`s Kezia Verghese had to be content with a third spot finish.
Manipur clinched their second gold in the men`s 200m sprint cycling event when Asia Cup (Japan round) bronze medallist Bikram Singh Okram of Manipur claimed his second gold with a timing of 13.338 en route to the 200m sprint title.
Punjab`s Amrit Singh and R L Manoj of Services won the silver and bronze, respectively.
Pankaj Kumar of Haryana clinched the men`s 6km scratch title with a timing of 09:51.30, while Amandeep Singh (Punjab) and Manpreet Singh Kalsi (Maharashtra) settled for silver and bronze, respectively.
Gurpreet Kaur earned Punjab the title in women`s 4km scratch, clocking 07:27.723, while Rejani V (Kerala) and T Nita Devi (Manipur) finished with silver and bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed