Chamakh says Fabregas, Nasri will leave Arsenal
London: Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh believes his team mates Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri will be sold once manager Arsene Wenger identifies the replacements.
“I think both are close to leaving. The manager is looking for replacements, has not found them, and before letting [Fabregas and Nasri] go, he wants to have someone to fill each of their positions,” the Moroccan international striker said.
“Nasri has just one year left on his contract. If they do not sell him, he will leave for free in the summer. Is the club disposed to reject 18 million pounds to keep a player that good for just one year? It is strange that a club like Arsenal has not made him sign a contract earlier.”
Wenger has already added the Ivorian forward Gervinho and Southampton winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to his squad this summer, for a combined cost of around 26 million pounds, while he has been granted a work permit for Japanese teenager Ryo Miyaichi.
Wenger is believed to be keen to boost his midfield options further, with Valencia’s Juan Mata a target.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement