Chamakh says Fabregas, Nasri will leave Arsenal
London: Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh believes his team mates Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri will be sold once manager Arsene Wenger identifies the replacements.
“I think both are close to leaving. The manager is looking for replacements, has not found them, and before letting [Fabregas and Nasri] go, he wants to have someone to fill each of their positions,” the Moroccan international striker said.
“Nasri has just one year left on his contract. If they do not sell him, he will leave for free in the summer. Is the club disposed to reject 18 million pounds to keep a player that good for just one year? It is strange that a club like Arsenal has not made him sign a contract earlier.”
Wenger has already added the Ivorian forward Gervinho and Southampton winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to his squad this summer, for a combined cost of around 26 million pounds, while he has been granted a work permit for Japanese teenager Ryo Miyaichi.
Wenger is believed to be keen to boost his midfield options further, with Valencia’s Juan Mata a target.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Surrogacy Bill against commercial surrogacy which is a money making racket: BJP
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins on Saturday
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested