Champions League balls are terrible: Casillas
Madrid: Iker Casillas has slammed the the design of the Champions League ball after testing it, and thinks that things have gone too far in a bid to produce more goals.
The Real Madird keeper is infuriated that Adidas` latest ball moves in the air and is lighter than before, meaning that predicting its path is even more difficult.
While stating that Nike`s league balls still fly truly through the air, Casillas is not a fan of the new Adidas Finale 9, which he believes no longer moves straight.
“I am sorry but it has got to the stage where it just can’t be allowed to continue,” he was quoted as saying.
“How they make the balls makes things difficult these days, particularly the one for the Champions League.
“The flight is terrible, you saw that at the Confederations Cup and the European Championship.”
“The ball used in the league is a bit better, it can do strange things but not many. The other one is a complete disaster.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked
- Aung San Suu Kyi keen to visit India