Champions Levski call for BFU congress after bias claims
Sofia: Champions Levski Sofia want the Bulgarian Football Union (BFU) to hold an extraordinary congress in January following what they believed was biased refereeing during Wednesday`s league match against leaders Litex Lovech.
Levski also called for the resignation of BFU president Borislav Mihaylov and referee commission chief Dimo Momirov.
"We insist the BFU holds an extraordinary congress and we appeal to the whole football public to demand it since the domestic championship is pre-determined," Levski said in a statement.
"The management of Levski expresses its indignation at the attempt of the Bulgarian championship to be decided by no footballing instruments," added the club.
The BFU issued a statement rejecting Levski`s accusations.
"We accept Levski`s statement as a thoughtless attempt to manipulate the millions of club fans... as there`s an accumulated strain following the recent lack of success on and off the field," the BFU said on its website.
"Instead of seeing their own managerial failure, Levski prefer to write declarations to transfer the responsibility to the most convenient target -- the BFU.”
"The BFU, however, refuse to be a target and will continue to do its best to facilitate the work of professional clubs."
Several Levski officials accused referee Nikolay Yordanov of bias after an ill-tempered 2-2 draw against Litex which left them eight points adrift of the leaders after 13 matches.
Three players, two from Levski, were sent off and Levski coach Georgi Ivanov was also dismissed during the match.
"We were deprived of the win in a key match by biased refereeing," said Levski`s senior official Georgi Markov.
"That`s why Nikolay Yordanov and Dimo Momirov are persona non grata at our stadium from now on. We insist the BFU suspend them from football for life."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened