Charges against Modi ratified: BCCI president
Mumbai: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) members here on Saturday voted unanimously to ratify the charges against suspended Indian Premier League (IPL) commissioner Lalit Modi at the Special General Body meeting.
Addressing mediapersons, BCCI president Shashank Manohar
Earlier in the day, Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association president Jyotiraditya Scindia replaced BCCI president Shashank Manohar in the disciplinary committee, which was tasked with looking into the charges against Modi.
Manohar had to step down from the panel after Modi accused him of bias.
Scindia joined Chirayu Amin and Arun Jaitley as a member on the panel probing cases against Modi.
Reports are also claiming that the BCCI will initiate criminal proceedings against Modi.
Modi had been charged on several counts ranging from financial irregularities to bid- rigging as chairman of the cash-rich IPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das