`Chartered accountants safe from meltdown`
Chandigarh: At a time of pink slips, salary cuts and global economic gloom, what is the best job to have? Be a chartered accountant, that`s what a top group of accountants says.
"There is no impact of recession on Indian chartered accountants (CAs) because no company can manage without them. Moreover there not even a drop in their salary packages," Uttam Prakash Agarwal, president of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), said here Saturday.
"In fact the newly recruited young CAs are able to get salary package of anywhere above Rs 6 lakh (Rs 600,000), depending on their training and quality. At this point of time, both demand and salaries of CAs are increasing at very encouraging pace," Agarwal said on the sidelines of a two-day national conference of chartered accountants here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!