`Chartered accountants safe from meltdown`
Chandigarh: At a time of pink slips, salary cuts and global economic gloom, what is the best job to have? Be a chartered accountant, that`s what a top group of accountants says.
"There is no impact of recession on Indian chartered accountants (CAs) because no company can manage without them. Moreover there not even a drop in their salary packages," Uttam Prakash Agarwal, president of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), said here Saturday.
"In fact the newly recruited young CAs are able to get salary package of anywhere above Rs 6 lakh (Rs 600,000), depending on their training and quality. At this point of time, both demand and salaries of CAs are increasing at very encouraging pace," Agarwal said on the sidelines of a two-day national conference of chartered accountants here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?