Chaudhary likely to replace Bhanot as AFI secretary
Pune: Ravinder Chaudhary of Chandigarh is likely to replace Lalit K Bhanot as Athletics Federation of India (AFI) secretary during its executive council meeting here on Tuesday.
Bhanot, who is also holding the secretary general’s post in the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, said he will propose Chaudhury’s name as AFI secretary as he is busy with the CWG activities.
“For me, it’s difficult to get time (managing both the offices). He (Chaudhary) is a very senior-most person and I had proposed about this earlier too,” said Bhanot.
Chaudhary is current secretary of Chandigarh Athletic Association.
Bhanot also said a discussion will be held to take action against the athletes who took part in the Bangalore International 10k run.
“We will also discuss about taking action against the Bangalore unauthorised race. There will be discussion on the performance of athletes and coaches. Proposal of nation wide athletics programme and how to do it next year,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren