Chaudhary likely to replace Bhanot as AFI secretary
Pune: Ravinder Chaudhary of Chandigarh is likely to replace Lalit K Bhanot as Athletics Federation of India (AFI) secretary during its executive council meeting here on Tuesday.
Bhanot, who is also holding the secretary general’s post in the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, said he will propose Chaudhury’s name as AFI secretary as he is busy with the CWG activities.
“For me, it’s difficult to get time (managing both the offices). He (Chaudhary) is a very senior-most person and I had proposed about this earlier too,” said Bhanot.
Chaudhary is current secretary of Chandigarh Athletic Association.
Bhanot also said a discussion will be held to take action against the athletes who took part in the Bangalore International 10k run.
“We will also discuss about taking action against the Bangalore unauthorised race. There will be discussion on the performance of athletes and coaches. Proposal of nation wide athletics programme and how to do it next year,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players