Chawla, Advani in pre-quarters of VIP Matrix Snooker tourney
Chennai: Kamal Chawla came up with a superb
136 clearance to highlight the day`s performances as all other
top cueists made it to the pre-quarterfinal stage of the VIP
Matrix All-India invitational snooker tournament here on Monday.
Chawla was at his best against a fighting local
challenger Dilip Kumar to weave an elegant 4-1 win to join the
title favourite world champion Panjak Advani, who also
progressed to the next grade.
Others to make the last 16 were Devendra Joshi, Rupesh
Shah, Rafat Habib, Manan Chandra, Alok Kumar and Sourav
"There was no possibility of a 147 break as I began with
the lower colours before moving up the table. When I was on
70, I got stuck in the bunch, but recovered with a
centre-pocket red to carry on with the break. I am quite
pleased with the way I played," said Chawla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'