Chawla, Advani in pre-quarters of VIP Matrix Snooker tourney
Chennai: Kamal Chawla came up with a superb
136 clearance to highlight the day`s performances as all other
top cueists made it to the pre-quarterfinal stage of the VIP
Matrix All-India invitational snooker tournament here on Monday.
Chawla was at his best against a fighting local
challenger Dilip Kumar to weave an elegant 4-1 win to join the
title favourite world champion Panjak Advani, who also
progressed to the next grade.
Others to make the last 16 were Devendra Joshi, Rupesh
Shah, Rafat Habib, Manan Chandra, Alok Kumar and Sourav
"There was no possibility of a 147 break as I began with
the lower colours before moving up the table. When I was on
70, I got stuck in the bunch, but recovered with a
centre-pocket red to carry on with the break. I am quite
pleased with the way I played," said Chawla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray