Chawla, Advani in pre-quarters of VIP Matrix Snooker tourney
Chennai: Kamal Chawla came up with a superb
136 clearance to highlight the day`s performances as all other
top cueists made it to the pre-quarterfinal stage of the VIP
Matrix All-India invitational snooker tournament here on Monday.
Chawla was at his best against a fighting local
challenger Dilip Kumar to weave an elegant 4-1 win to join the
title favourite world champion Panjak Advani, who also
progressed to the next grade.
Others to make the last 16 were Devendra Joshi, Rupesh
Shah, Rafat Habib, Manan Chandra, Alok Kumar and Sourav
"There was no possibility of a 147 break as I began with
the lower colours before moving up the table. When I was on
70, I got stuck in the bunch, but recovered with a
centre-pocket red to carry on with the break. I am quite
pleased with the way I played," said Chawla.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis