Chawla, Advani in pre-quarters of VIP Matrix Snooker tourney
Chennai: Kamal Chawla came up with a superb
136 clearance to highlight the day`s performances as all other
top cueists made it to the pre-quarterfinal stage of the VIP
Matrix All-India invitational snooker tournament here on Monday.
Chawla was at his best against a fighting local
challenger Dilip Kumar to weave an elegant 4-1 win to join the
title favourite world champion Panjak Advani, who also
progressed to the next grade.
Others to make the last 16 were Devendra Joshi, Rupesh
Shah, Rafat Habib, Manan Chandra, Alok Kumar and Sourav
"There was no possibility of a 147 break as I began with
the lower colours before moving up the table. When I was on
70, I got stuck in the bunch, but recovered with a
centre-pocket red to carry on with the break. I am quite
pleased with the way I played," said Chawla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?