Chawla, Advani in pre-quarters of VIP Matrix Snooker tourney
Chennai: Kamal Chawla came up with a superb
136 clearance to highlight the day`s performances as all other
top cueists made it to the pre-quarterfinal stage of the VIP
Matrix All-India invitational snooker tournament here on Monday.
Chawla was at his best against a fighting local
challenger Dilip Kumar to weave an elegant 4-1 win to join the
title favourite world champion Panjak Advani, who also
progressed to the next grade.
Others to make the last 16 were Devendra Joshi, Rupesh
Shah, Rafat Habib, Manan Chandra, Alok Kumar and Sourav
"There was no possibility of a 147 break as I began with
the lower colours before moving up the table. When I was on
70, I got stuck in the bunch, but recovered with a
centre-pocket red to carry on with the break. I am quite
pleased with the way I played," said Chawla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why