Chelsea agree deal to sign Lukaku from Anderlecht
Brussels: Chelsea have agreed a deal with Anderlecht to sign 18-year-old Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, the Belgian club said on its website on Saturday.
Lukaku will join the Premier League club subject to passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.
"It`s a shame we have to let go of Romelu, who was scouted and trained by Anderlecht, but the transfer is a win-win situation for the player and the club," Anderlecht manager Herman van Holsbeeck said.
Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas said in July he had one of the oldest squads in the Premier League and the London club were planning to invest more in younger players.
Lukaku became a household name in Belgium when he was top scorer in the domestic league in the 2009/2010 season aged 16.
Anderlecht did not disclose how much Chelsea had agreed to pay for Lukaku, who scored his first two international goals against Russia in November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog