Chelsea make a renewed £25m bid for Luka Modric
London: Chelsea are believed to have made a £25 million bid to acquire the services of wantaway Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric.
The Croatian was one of the standout players in the Premier League last season, but his side managed to miss out on securing Champions League football as Manchester City beat them to a spot in the top four.
The 25-year-old admitted he would like to make a move away from Spurs, hinting at the possibility of a move to Stamford Bridge after insisting that he would like to remain in London - and play in the Champions League.
However, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy hit back, insisting that the former Dinamo Zagreb man would not be sold to any club at any price.
A leading daily reported that this will not stop other clubs from coming in with bids to prize the playmaker away from the clutches of Spurs, while The Times claims that the Blues have lodged an improved £25m bid to sign the midfielder.
Now Manchester City and Manchester United are both expected to join the battle to sign the Spurs fans` Player of the Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'