Chelsea make a renewed £25m bid for Luka Modric
London: Chelsea are believed to have made a £25 million bid to acquire the services of wantaway Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric.
The Croatian was one of the standout players in the Premier League last season, but his side managed to miss out on securing Champions League football as Manchester City beat them to a spot in the top four.
The 25-year-old admitted he would like to make a move away from Spurs, hinting at the possibility of a move to Stamford Bridge after insisting that he would like to remain in London - and play in the Champions League.
However, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy hit back, insisting that the former Dinamo Zagreb man would not be sold to any club at any price.
A leading daily reported that this will not stop other clubs from coming in with bids to prize the playmaker away from the clutches of Spurs, while The Times claims that the Blues have lodged an improved £25m bid to sign the midfielder.
Now Manchester City and Manchester United are both expected to join the battle to sign the Spurs fans` Player of the Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'