Chelsea make a renewed £25m bid for Luka Modric
London: Chelsea are believed to have made a £25 million bid to acquire the services of wantaway Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric.
The Croatian was one of the standout players in the Premier League last season, but his side managed to miss out on securing Champions League football as Manchester City beat them to a spot in the top four.
The 25-year-old admitted he would like to make a move away from Spurs, hinting at the possibility of a move to Stamford Bridge after insisting that he would like to remain in London - and play in the Champions League.
However, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy hit back, insisting that the former Dinamo Zagreb man would not be sold to any club at any price.
A leading daily reported that this will not stop other clubs from coming in with bids to prize the playmaker away from the clutches of Spurs, while The Times claims that the Blues have lodged an improved £25m bid to sign the midfielder.
Now Manchester City and Manchester United are both expected to join the battle to sign the Spurs fans` Player of the Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics