Chelsea prepare to sign Neymar in £40M bid
London: In a bid to stun Real Madrid, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has given his team’s boss Andre Villas-Boas 40 million pounds to sign Brazilian wonder kid Neymar.
Spanish giants Madrid were favourites to land a deal with Neymar, but have stalled their offer after having to rethink on the huge fee, which would trigger a release clause in the teen’s contract with Santos.
Abramovich, who is desperate to win the Champions League, will sanction a bid, which could mean the Spaniards will miss out on striking a deal with Neymar.
Chelsea are likely to make a bid of close to 40 million pounds, The Daily Star reports.
“Real Madrid were serious about signing him but, for one reason or another, that deal broke down,” The paper quoted a team source, as saying.
“Money talks and with a 40 million pounds offer on the table, Neymar could be a Chelsea player soon,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!