Chelsea prepare to sign Neymar in £40M bid
London: In a bid to stun Real Madrid, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has given his team’s boss Andre Villas-Boas 40 million pounds to sign Brazilian wonder kid Neymar.
Spanish giants Madrid were favourites to land a deal with Neymar, but have stalled their offer after having to rethink on the huge fee, which would trigger a release clause in the teen’s contract with Santos.
Abramovich, who is desperate to win the Champions League, will sanction a bid, which could mean the Spaniards will miss out on striking a deal with Neymar.
Chelsea are likely to make a bid of close to 40 million pounds, The Daily Star reports.
“Real Madrid were serious about signing him but, for one reason or another, that deal broke down,” The paper quoted a team source, as saying.
“Money talks and with a 40 million pounds offer on the table, Neymar could be a Chelsea player soon,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH