Chelsea prepare to sign Neymar in £40M bid
London: In a bid to stun Real Madrid, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has given his team’s boss Andre Villas-Boas 40 million pounds to sign Brazilian wonder kid Neymar.
Spanish giants Madrid were favourites to land a deal with Neymar, but have stalled their offer after having to rethink on the huge fee, which would trigger a release clause in the teen’s contract with Santos.
Abramovich, who is desperate to win the Champions League, will sanction a bid, which could mean the Spaniards will miss out on striking a deal with Neymar.
Chelsea are likely to make a bid of close to 40 million pounds, The Daily Star reports.
“Real Madrid were serious about signing him but, for one reason or another, that deal broke down,” The paper quoted a team source, as saying.
“Money talks and with a 40 million pounds offer on the table, Neymar could be a Chelsea player soon,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?