Chelsea told to pay £44m for Argentine ace Pastore
London: Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has told Chelsea that they will not get Argentina ace Javier Pastore for less than 44 million pounds.
"I told his agent to see what market there is for the player and he has probably spoken to some clubs. So, at the end of the week, we will meet to shed a bit of light on the future of the player," A magazine quoted Zamparini, as saying.
Pastore turns 22 next week and has eight caps. He joined the Italian Serie A club two years ago for just five million pounds and forced his way into Argentina``s World Cup squad last summer.
The Blues are locked in a three-horse race for the attacking midfielder with Real Madrid and Barcelona.Manchester United have also been linked with a move for the star as a bidding war between some of Europe``s big-hitters starts to hot up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth