Chelsea told to pay £44m for Argentine ace Pastore
London: Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has told Chelsea that they will not get Argentina ace Javier Pastore for less than 44 million pounds.
"I told his agent to see what market there is for the player and he has probably spoken to some clubs. So, at the end of the week, we will meet to shed a bit of light on the future of the player," A magazine quoted Zamparini, as saying.
Pastore turns 22 next week and has eight caps. He joined the Italian Serie A club two years ago for just five million pounds and forced his way into Argentina``s World Cup squad last summer.
The Blues are locked in a three-horse race for the attacking midfielder with Real Madrid and Barcelona.Manchester United have also been linked with a move for the star as a bidding war between some of Europe``s big-hitters starts to hot up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'