Chelsea`s Essien set to miss rest of season
London: Chelsea`s Ghana midfielder Michael Essien could miss the rest of the season as he struggles to recover from a knee injury sustained at the African Nations Cup in January, the London club said.
"The Ghanaian`s participation in the remainder of the campaign is now in doubt, with only four games to play including the FA Cup Final (against Portsmouth) on May 15 ...," the Premier League club said on its website.
British media reported that the club`s medical staff were confident Essien would be fit enough to play in the World Cup finals in South Africa that start in June. Ghana face Serbia, Germany and Australia in group D.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie