Chemist shops near NIS in trouble
Chandigarh: The Punjab state government has
promised to take stern measures against the chemist shops
located near the National Institute of Sports (NIS) Patiala in
the wake of the recent dope scandal that has rocked the
"The health minister has ordered raids on all chemist
shops located outside NIS Patiala reportedly selling banned
drugs to players," Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh
Badal told reporters here amidst reports that athletes can
freely procure drugs from these outlets.
"The licences of all shops guilty of selling banned drugs
will be cancelled and criminal action under law would be taken
against erring chemists," he added.
It is learnt that all the chemist shops that sell
anabolic steroids to the athletes are strategically located
outside the NIS centre.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference