Chemist shops near NIS in trouble
Chandigarh: The Punjab state government has
promised to take stern measures against the chemist shops
located near the National Institute of Sports (NIS) Patiala in
the wake of the recent dope scandal that has rocked the
"The health minister has ordered raids on all chemist
shops located outside NIS Patiala reportedly selling banned
drugs to players," Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh
Badal told reporters here amidst reports that athletes can
freely procure drugs from these outlets.
"The licences of all shops guilty of selling banned drugs
will be cancelled and criminal action under law would be taken
against erring chemists," he added.
It is learnt that all the chemist shops that sell
anabolic steroids to the athletes are strategically located
outside the NIS centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!