Chetan Bhagat feels maligned by ‘3 Idiots’
Mumbai: With the ‘3 Idiots’ story credit controversy getting murkier by each passing hour, it seems ‘Five Point Someone’ writer Chetan Bhagat is in no mood to forgive and forget Rajkumar Hirani and Abhijat Joshi for claiming the story credit instead of adapting the novel for the film.
With Rajkumar Hirani calling Bhagat a liar and Aamir branding him publicity hungry, Bhagat feels cheated as ‘3 Idiots’ is based on his book ‘Five Point Someone.’
Bhagat blasted Rajkumar Hirani and Abhijat Joshi for claming ‘3 Idiots’ to be an original story, something which is illegal as the original story credit is vested in Chetan Bhagat as the author of ‘Five Point Someone.’ But at the same time, Bhagat clarified that he is not planning to take any legal action against the team of ‘3 Idiots’.
Bhagat added that he has made a lot of off-book contributions to the film and the makers of ‘3 Idiots’ made him sign a non-disclosure agreement. The writer said that ‘3 Idiots’ team is ‘maligning’ him by holding simultaneous three press conferences.
When enquired whether he had any idea about the final script of film, Bhagat said that he was kept in dark and was not shown any final draft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!