Chetan Bhagat feels maligned by ‘3 Idiots’
Mumbai: With the ‘3 Idiots’ story credit controversy getting murkier by each passing hour, it seems ‘Five Point Someone’ writer Chetan Bhagat is in no mood to forgive and forget Rajkumar Hirani and Abhijat Joshi for claiming the story credit instead of adapting the novel for the film.
With Rajkumar Hirani calling Bhagat a liar and Aamir branding him publicity hungry, Bhagat feels cheated as ‘3 Idiots’ is based on his book ‘Five Point Someone.’
Bhagat blasted Rajkumar Hirani and Abhijat Joshi for claming ‘3 Idiots’ to be an original story, something which is illegal as the original story credit is vested in Chetan Bhagat as the author of ‘Five Point Someone.’ But at the same time, Bhagat clarified that he is not planning to take any legal action against the team of ‘3 Idiots’.
Bhagat added that he has made a lot of off-book contributions to the film and the makers of ‘3 Idiots’ made him sign a non-disclosure agreement. The writer said that ‘3 Idiots’ team is ‘maligning’ him by holding simultaneous three press conferences.
When enquired whether he had any idea about the final script of film, Bhagat said that he was kept in dark and was not shown any final draft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed