Chetan Bhagat is lying: Rajkumar Hirani
Mumbai: The ongoing clash between the makers of ‘3 Idiots’ and author Chetan Bhagat appears to have escalated, as director Rajkumar Hirani on Saturday slammed Bhagat at a press conference here.
Clarifying his stand on the supposed allegation that his hit ‘3 Idiots’ was lifted from author Chetan Bhagat`s book ‘Five Point Someone’, Hirani said, “When the script was completed, I sat with Chetan for 4 hours and gave him a dialogue by dialogue narration of the same. Chetan was happy with the script after reading it.”
“I have proof to show Bhagat was happy with the script.”
According to Hirani, a video on an entertainment website shows Bhagat saying that he ‘likes the final script of ‘3 Idiots’.’
Raju Hirani, who backed his clarifications here with all the necessary documents, also showed a non-disclosure agreement to the media persons present, which was signed by Bhagat only after going through the entire script.
Hirani also revealed that Chetan was under contract for the story, and an agreement of 2005 agreed to Bhagat’s name on rolling credit. “He (Chetan) knew that the credit will be given in titles at the end of the film,” said Raju.
Reacting to Chetan’s allegation that he’s not got the payment, Hirani said, “If he’s saying he’s not got the payment, he’s lying. We gave him the money much before the film’s release.”
Meanwhile, Chetan has maintained that the makers of ‘3 Idiots’ have not given him due credit as the film has been adapted on his famous novel ‘Five Point Someone’ as, “From the very beginning the film has been promoted on the lines that it is based on `Five Point Someone` but when I saw the film, I found out that my name was nowhere to be seen in the credit line.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’