Chhatisgarh CM for divine help to tackle naxal problem
Bhubaneswar: Chhatisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Saturday sought divine help to deal with naxal insurgency in the state. He prayed in the Samaleswari and Pataneswari temples in Sambalpur town along with his family members to seek "God`s blessings".
"Naxal menace is one of the biggest problems our country is facing. No big problem can be solved without Goddess`s blessings. Goddess has always emerged victorious against demons, in the duel between goddess and the demons. I sought the blessing of goddess that the evil in people`s heart be annihilated by the power of goddess Durga," Singh told reporters after offering prayer.
Chhatisgarh is one of the worst naxal affected state in the country. He also called for a coordinated effort among the naxal affected states to overcome the problem.
"I feel all the naxal affected states, whether it is Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Chhatisgarh, Maharastra, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh or Chhatisgarh, should come together to deal with the menace. All the Chief Ministers had discussed the problem with Union Home Minister and Prime Minister. I feel we will work together in future," he added.
Incidentally, he came to offer prayer in his personal chopper on a day, when the Maoists have called a nation wide bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof