Chile captain Bravo`s injury less serious than feared
Santiago: Chile goalkeeper and captain Claudio Bravo expects to recover quickly from a knee injury he had feared might jeopardise his World Cup hopes.
Bravo damaged a right knee ligament during his Spanish second division club Real Sociedad`s 2-0 defeat by Cordoba on Saturday.
"I think (I`ll need to rest) for three weeks," Bravo said on Monday.
It was feared he would need 45 days` rest before resuming training. The World Cup finals in South Africa start on June 11.
"I don`t want to rush into anything because the issue of the knee is very delicate ... I want to recover properly, feel good and then return to training," added the 26-year-old.
Chile face Honduras, Switzerland and favourites Spain in Group H.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan