Chile captain Bravo`s injury less serious than feared
Santiago: Chile goalkeeper and captain Claudio Bravo expects to recover quickly from a knee injury he had feared might jeopardise his World Cup hopes.
Bravo damaged a right knee ligament during his Spanish second division club Real Sociedad`s 2-0 defeat by Cordoba on Saturday.
"I think (I`ll need to rest) for three weeks," Bravo said on Monday.
It was feared he would need 45 days` rest before resuming training. The World Cup finals in South Africa start on June 11.
"I don`t want to rush into anything because the issue of the knee is very delicate ... I want to recover properly, feel good and then return to training," added the 26-year-old.
Chile face Honduras, Switzerland and favourites Spain in Group H.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter