China approves blueprint for green vehicles
Beijing: The Chinese government Wednesday approved a guideline for development of new energy-saving vehicles to ease pressure on the environment.
Electric vehicles will be prioritized in the transformation of China`s auto industry, the government said after a meeting of the State Council Wednesday.
The meeting, presided by Prime Minister Wen Jiabao, noted that the country`s electric and hybrid vehicles will reach 500,000 units by 2015 and five million by 2020, Xinhua reported.
China overtook the US to become the world`s largest auto market in 2009 after selling 13.64 million vehicles that year.
Both car sales and production volume witnessed astonishing growth in 2009 and 2010 before slowing to a 2.4-percent growth rate in 2011.
The country still remains the world`s largest auto market, although in the first quarter of this year, sales fell slightly year-on-year due to a high comparison basis and surging oil prices, according to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem