China, ASEAN trade solid against financial crisis
Nanning: Trade volume is said to grow
between China and the 10 ASEAN countries with the "blooming"
of financial services between the two parties and a free trade
agreement, a Chinese official said.
On the eve of the 6th annual China-ASEAN Expo to be held
in southern China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Nong
Rong, vice secretary general of the Expo, told reporters that
China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations will
become each other`s third-biggest trading partner soon.
"In recent years, the number of goods traded tariff-free
between China and ASEAN has been increasing and the trade
volume growth has stayed at around 20 to 30 percent," Nong
"Currently, we are each other`s fourth trading partner
and we expect an upward movement very soon. The free trade
zone that comes into effect next year will also help boost the
figure," he said.
But he declined to give any estimates.
The bilateral trade volume grew from USD 100 billion in
2004 to USD 231 billion last year, according to official
The China-ASEAN Free Trade Agreement, effective in
January and covering 30 per cent of the global population, is
expected to boost the bilateral trade growth with an
additional trade volume of USD 106 billion by lifting tariffs
on most commodities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why