China looks at the tri-network integration in 2012
Beijing: China will push ahead with the convergence of television, Internet and telecom services in 2012, a minister said.
The government will expand pilot projects to all the municipalities, provincial capitals and other eligible cities next year, said Miao Wei, minister of industry and information technology Monday.
Last year, 12 cities were chosen for the trial, including Beijing and Shanghai, and four provincial capitals, Harbin, Nanjing, Hangzhou and Wuhan, reported Xinhua.
The tri-network integration, which allows users to access television, Internet and mobile phone services through a single device, was listed in the government work report last year as one of the emerging strategic industries for priority development and slated for completion by 2015.
China achieved some progress in facilitating connections of broadcast and telecommunications networks in 2011 and was able to provide consumers with products and services, Miao said.
By the end of November, China`s Internet protocol television (IPTV) users have exceeded 11 million, while mobile video subscribers have surpassed 40 million.
The country will strengthen information security as it continues to press ahead development of the IPTV and mobile video next year, Miao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy