China to launch first 3D TV channel in January
Beijing: Television viewers in China can expect a totally different viewing experience as the country`s hopes to launch its first 3D television channel Jan 1, 2012, the government has announced.
The TV channel will go into official operation during the Lunar New Year Festival in late January, Xinhua reported.
"We have officially started preparations for the country`s first experimental 3D TV channel and have issued two technical guidelines on the production and airing of 3D television programmes and 3D television signal transmission," said Cai Fuchao, head of the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television.
Cai said the channel will be launched through the joint efforts of six TV stations, including China Central Television.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid