China to sell bullet train technology
Beijing: China is ready to sell its high-speed bullet train technology to other countries, authorities said.
"China is willing to export the high-speed rails technology to any country that wants to buy," Wang Yongping, spokesperson of the ministry of railways, told the Global Times. "We own the most advanced technology of high-speed rails."
The statement came after British daily The Sunday Times reported that Chinese-made bullet trains would hit the rails in Britain by 2025.
The bullet train, unveiled in December last year, can run at the speed of up to 486 km per hour.
The report said China`s ambassador to Britain, Liu Xiaoming, met with British ministers to discuss a deal and convinced them that China could supply the advanced trains at a much lower cost.
Britain needs 120 bullet trains for the 30 billion pounds ($47.6 billion) high-speed rail project that will connect London to other major cities, such as Manchester, in 2025, the report said.
The cost for 120 high-speed trains from Western producers, such as Siemens, Bombardier and Alstom is 4 billion pounds ($6.3 billion), but Chinese trains cost only half that, the report said.
Wang, however, declined to comment on negotiations with Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof