China`s Hu says maintaining growth will be arduous
Beijing: China`s President Hu Jintao on Sunday said that the country faces difficult challenges in maintaining
stable economic growth and social stability, and called for
efforts to strengthen unity among the people.
"The task of dealing with the blow of the international
financial crisis and maintaining stable and relatively fast
economic development is arduous," Hu said.
China now faces more "unstable and uncertain factors," Hu
said, describing the economic crisis as having had a "profound
Hu also urged leaders to strengthen social unity, saying
the task of "guaranteeing and improving the livelihood of the
people and maintaining social stability is arduous."
Hu made the remarks today at an event marking the 60th
anniversary of the founding of the Chinese People`s Political
Consultative Conference, the main legislative advisory body.
His comments came as China prepares to celebrate 60 years
of Communist rule with a parade on October 1. The Communist
Party leadership has been promoting the anniversary, which
marks the founding of the People`s Republic of China in 1949.
China`s economic growth accelerated to 7.9 percent in the
quarter ending June 30 from a year earlier, up from 6.1
percent the previous quarter. But Chinese leaders have said
the country`s economic recovery is not stable yet. Premier Wen
Jiabao has said the government will continue its USD 586
billion stimulus plan and easy credit despite recent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org