China`s Hu says maintaining growth will be arduous
Beijing: China`s President Hu Jintao on Sunday said that the country faces difficult challenges in maintaining
stable economic growth and social stability, and called for
efforts to strengthen unity among the people.
"The task of dealing with the blow of the international
financial crisis and maintaining stable and relatively fast
economic development is arduous," Hu said.
China now faces more "unstable and uncertain factors," Hu
said, describing the economic crisis as having had a "profound
Hu also urged leaders to strengthen social unity, saying
the task of "guaranteeing and improving the livelihood of the
people and maintaining social stability is arduous."
Hu made the remarks today at an event marking the 60th
anniversary of the founding of the Chinese People`s Political
Consultative Conference, the main legislative advisory body.
His comments came as China prepares to celebrate 60 years
of Communist rule with a parade on October 1. The Communist
Party leadership has been promoting the anniversary, which
marks the founding of the People`s Republic of China in 1949.
China`s economic growth accelerated to 7.9 percent in the
quarter ending June 30 from a year earlier, up from 6.1
percent the previous quarter. But Chinese leaders have said
the country`s economic recovery is not stable yet. Premier Wen
Jiabao has said the government will continue its USD 586
billion stimulus plan and easy credit despite recent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues