China`s Hu says maintaining growth will be arduous
Beijing: China`s President Hu Jintao on Sunday said that the country faces difficult challenges in maintaining
stable economic growth and social stability, and called for
efforts to strengthen unity among the people.
"The task of dealing with the blow of the international
financial crisis and maintaining stable and relatively fast
economic development is arduous," Hu said.
China now faces more "unstable and uncertain factors," Hu
said, describing the economic crisis as having had a "profound
Hu also urged leaders to strengthen social unity, saying
the task of "guaranteeing and improving the livelihood of the
people and maintaining social stability is arduous."
Hu made the remarks today at an event marking the 60th
anniversary of the founding of the Chinese People`s Political
Consultative Conference, the main legislative advisory body.
His comments came as China prepares to celebrate 60 years
of Communist rule with a parade on October 1. The Communist
Party leadership has been promoting the anniversary, which
marks the founding of the People`s Republic of China in 1949.
China`s economic growth accelerated to 7.9 percent in the
quarter ending June 30 from a year earlier, up from 6.1
percent the previous quarter. But Chinese leaders have said
the country`s economic recovery is not stable yet. Premier Wen
Jiabao has said the government will continue its USD 586
billion stimulus plan and easy credit despite recent
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands