Chinese boy born with no eyes
London: A boy in China was born with only smooth skin in the sockets where his eyes should have been.
Doctors have found that the boy named Marwanijun from Urumqi, capital of the Muslim-dominated Xinjiang Uygur region, has an eye under the skin on his left socket.
But they cannot remove the skin because the eye underneath has no lens, and is too sensitive to be exposed, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday. The boy`s age was not disclosed.
The boy loves playing with a torch because he can still sense the light, and his parents hope he will be able to have an artificial eye fitted once he is 16.
The boy`s parents -- father Madamihan and mother Salamu, both 26 -- were devastated when their son was born with only smooth skin in the eye sockets.
Later, doctors told them their son actually has a left eye.
"He is eager to see light, and we pray everyday that he could see the light," the boy`s father said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!