Chinese boy born with no eyes
London: A boy in China was born with only smooth skin in the sockets where his eyes should have been.
Doctors have found that the boy named Marwanijun from Urumqi, capital of the Muslim-dominated Xinjiang Uygur region, has an eye under the skin on his left socket.
But they cannot remove the skin because the eye underneath has no lens, and is too sensitive to be exposed, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday. The boy`s age was not disclosed.
The boy loves playing with a torch because he can still sense the light, and his parents hope he will be able to have an artificial eye fitted once he is 16.
The boy`s parents -- father Madamihan and mother Salamu, both 26 -- were devastated when their son was born with only smooth skin in the eye sockets.
Later, doctors told them their son actually has a left eye.
"He is eager to see light, and we pray everyday that he could see the light," the boy`s father said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey