Chittagong Test: Bangladesh 118/6 at lunch
Chittagong: It was India all the way in the first session of play on Day 3 as the scorecard read 118/6 for Bangladesh at lunch time.
Zaheer Khan made his presence felt in Chittagong as he claimed Shakib Al Hasan, becoming the India’s highest Test wicket-taker against Bangladesh (19). The pace-duo’s efforts saw half of the Bangladeshi batting line-up back in the pavilion before the first 100 runs could be posted on the board.
This was followed with Sreesanth’s wicket of Raqibul Hasan for a score of just 17 runs. The poor batting continuing, the hosts yet again failed to make a mark in the Test arena largely due to the lack of the right temperament.
Ishant Sharma was the breakthrough kid of the third day’s morning as he claimed Mohammad Ashraful for a score of just 2 runs. The early breakthrough meant that the hosts were on backfoot from the word go, failing to up the ante after a decent bowling performance.
Bad weather conditions prevailed for yet another day that caused delay due to bad light and foggy conditions. Upon the resumption of Day 3, India lost an early chance as VVS Laxman dropped a blinder in slips.
The umpires made an inspection of the conditions at 10 a.m. local time and agreed on the continuation of the fog-marred Test.
Scorecard: India Vs Bangladesh»
Only 24.5 overs were possible yesterday and so the umpires had decided that the third day`s play today would start half an hour earlier than scheduled 9:30 am local time. But since the foggy conditions continued today, the start of play would be delayed again.
Only 63 overs were bowled on the first day on Sunday. Bangladesh were 59 for three in reply to India`s 243 all out when stumps were drawn early yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal