Chittagong Test: B`desh lose top ordrer
Chittagong: Bangladesh dug a hole for themselves early-on in their innings as they lost the top order cheaply. The Indian pacers were on cue and ensured that the visitors’ low first innings total was not overtaken by a relatively inexperienced side.
Imrul Kayes was the first casualty of the hosts’ innings as he was trapped plumb in front of the wicket by Zaheer Khan. This was followed by the second jolt in the form of Shahriar Nafees off Ishant’s bowling.
The morning was on a better note for Bangladesh as they were 21/0 at lunch on Day 2 after India were bundled out for a paltry total of 243 runs in the first session of second day’s play.
Shahadat Hossain was a happy paceman as he got a five-wicket haul to his name with the rest of the hosts’ bowlers maintaining a tight line.
Sachin Tendulkar was the saving grace for the Indians as he slammed a brilliant ton for his country just when it was needed the most. His innings was iced with some exquisitely crafted strokes, something that the rest of the batsmen completely lost.
Scorecard: India Vs Bangladesh»
Ishant Sharma held fort with him on the previous day but finally was the penultimate Indian batsman to fall, the first victim of the morning as Tendulkar seemingly ran out of partners closing-in on his 44th Test century, a grace-saving effort for the country.
The morning had another delayed start to the proceedings as a 90-minute delay due to fog and bad light was forced.
India were 213 for eight at draw of stumps on the opening day and the first runs of the day came soon after the commencement of play with India crossing 220.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail