Chopper scam reminiscent of Bofors: Murli Manohar Joshi
Kolkata: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Saturday said that the alleged kickbacks in the VVIP helicopter deal was reminiscent of the Bofors scandal.
"This UPA regime is the most corrupt regime India has seen. The helicopter scam reminds me of the Bofor scandal," Joshi told reporters here.
"This scam is defence related and Bofors scam was also defence related. In the Bofors scam the name of an Italian firm and some people had emerged.
In the helicopter scam also the name of an Italian firm has come out," Joshi said.
Joshi also hinted that the BJP would not allow the budget session of parliament to function if the Congress did not give in to the opposition demand for an inquiry in totality and sat for discussions with it.
"If they want parliament to function they should discuss these issues with us and they should accept our demand," he said.
Joshi also accused the Congress of trying to divert attention from scams by blaming other parties.
"Whenever a corruption or scam comes out in open. They blame other parties. They just want to play the blame game and save their backs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj