Chopper scam reminiscent of Bofors: Murli Manohar Joshi
Kolkata: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Saturday said that the alleged kickbacks in the VVIP helicopter deal was reminiscent of the Bofors scandal.
"This UPA regime is the most corrupt regime India has seen. The helicopter scam reminds me of the Bofor scandal," Joshi told reporters here.
"This scam is defence related and Bofors scam was also defence related. In the Bofors scam the name of an Italian firm and some people had emerged.
In the helicopter scam also the name of an Italian firm has come out," Joshi said.
Joshi also hinted that the BJP would not allow the budget session of parliament to function if the Congress did not give in to the opposition demand for an inquiry in totality and sat for discussions with it.
"If they want parliament to function they should discuss these issues with us and they should accept our demand," he said.
Joshi also accused the Congress of trying to divert attention from scams by blaming other parties.
"Whenever a corruption or scam comes out in open. They blame other parties. They just want to play the blame game and save their backs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works