Chopper scam reminiscent of Bofors: Murli Manohar Joshi
Kolkata: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Saturday said that the alleged kickbacks in the VVIP helicopter deal was reminiscent of the Bofors scandal.
"This UPA regime is the most corrupt regime India has seen. The helicopter scam reminds me of the Bofor scandal," Joshi told reporters here.
"This scam is defence related and Bofors scam was also defence related. In the Bofors scam the name of an Italian firm and some people had emerged.
In the helicopter scam also the name of an Italian firm has come out," Joshi said.
Joshi also hinted that the BJP would not allow the budget session of parliament to function if the Congress did not give in to the opposition demand for an inquiry in totality and sat for discussions with it.
"If they want parliament to function they should discuss these issues with us and they should accept our demand," he said.
Joshi also accused the Congress of trying to divert attention from scams by blaming other parties.
"Whenever a corruption or scam comes out in open. They blame other parties. They just want to play the blame game and save their backs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room