Chopper scam reminiscent of Bofors: Murli Manohar Joshi
Kolkata: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Saturday said that the alleged kickbacks in the VVIP helicopter deal was reminiscent of the Bofors scandal.
"This UPA regime is the most corrupt regime India has seen. The helicopter scam reminds me of the Bofor scandal," Joshi told reporters here.
"This scam is defence related and Bofors scam was also defence related. In the Bofors scam the name of an Italian firm and some people had emerged.
In the helicopter scam also the name of an Italian firm has come out," Joshi said.
Joshi also hinted that the BJP would not allow the budget session of parliament to function if the Congress did not give in to the opposition demand for an inquiry in totality and sat for discussions with it.
"If they want parliament to function they should discuss these issues with us and they should accept our demand," he said.
Joshi also accused the Congress of trying to divert attention from scams by blaming other parties.
"Whenever a corruption or scam comes out in open. They blame other parties. They just want to play the blame game and save their backs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers