Chowrasia ends tied 30th in Asia Pacific Open
Kobe: SSP Chowrasia was the lone Indian to break par with a three-under 68 in the final round to sign off a creditable tied 30th in the Asia Pacific Open golf tournament here on Sunday.
Chowrasia ended his campaign with a total of two-over 215 after striking four birdies against a lone bogey on the final day.
Among other Indians, Anirban Lahiri was next best-placed golfer at tied 55th after returning a two-over 73, which comprised three bogeys, all of them in the front-nine, against a lone birdie.
Lahiri`s overall total stood at seven-over 220 in the tournament which had to be reduced to 54 holes after the opening day was washed out due to rain.
Gaganjeet Bhullar, who led the pack after the opening round, came up with his worst card of the week -- a seven-over 78.
Bhullar`s overall total of eight-over 221 left him tied 59th on the leaderboard.
The Punjab-pro could not manage a single birdie, dropping
five bogeys and a double bogey.
Brendon Jones (66) clinched the title by a stroke with a total of five-under 207.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack