Christmas celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: Christmas was celebrated in the
Union Territory of Puducherry on Sunday with pomp and gaiety.
A large number of people thronged the churches in and
around Puducherry last night to attend the special services
held as part of midnight mass.
Special services were held at the church of the Sacred Heart
of Jesus, the Church of our Lady Lourde at Villianoor,
Immaculate Conception church in the town and at various
Lt Governor Iqbal Singh, Chief Minister N Rangasamy and his
cabinet colleagues, Union Minister of State for PMO V
Narayanasamy, leader of the opposition in the Assembly and
former Chief Minister V Vaithilingam, leaders of various
political parties and also functionaries of various
organizations greeted the peopl particularly the Christians on
the occasion of the celebration of Christmas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security