CII`s Partnership Summit to discuss global economic challenges
Chennai: Presidents, prime ministers, ministers, government officials and businessmen from different countries will deliberate on partnerships to be forged to meet the global economic challenges at the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Partnership Summit which will be held here January 22.
The 16th edition of the summit with the theme Global Partnerships-Meeting Challenges will be held at the Chennai Trade Centre.
The global business challenges that the summit will deliberate upon include regulating the financial markets without affecting the normal course of business, enterprise and creativity, the levels of protectionism in international trade, food security and climate change.
According to CII-SR, government and business delegations from 22 countries starting from Argentina to Uzbekistan have confirmed their participation.
The largest will be the Malaysian delegation led by its Prime Minister Mohammad Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak. The delegation will comprise several ministers, government officials and businessmen.
According to CII-SR, the President of Maldives Mohamed Nasheed, Ugandan President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni and ministers from Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Mauritius and Oman have confirmed their participation in the summit.
Indian Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma and Tamil Nadu`s Deputy Chief Minister M.K. Stalin have also confirmed their participation.
The industry lobby has said the 2010 summit will be a platform for governments, businesses and civil societies to address key global issues, and India`s partnership role as a large developing nation in evolving roadmaps for the next decade.
Malaysia Property Incorporated, a state initiative, will also organise a property fair at the summit venue to attract Indian investments in its real estate sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!