Citi sells shares worth Rs 971 cr in Indian cos in 2 days
Mumbai: Continuing its selling spree for the second day on Thursday, foreign fund house Citigroup Global sold shares worth over Rs 491 crore in about 36 Indian companies, taking the total share sale to Rs 971 crore.
According to the latest data with the Bombay Stock Exchange, Citigroup Global Mauritius sold shares in 36 domestic companies, including Reliance Industries, HDFC nad Infosys, through open market to another foreign fund house Swiss Finance Corporation (Mauritius).
Yesterday, Citi had sold shares valued over Rs 480 crore of 35 Indian firms. Both the transcations were through the block deal counter.
Citigroup Global Markets Mauritius sold its part holding in companies, including Reliance Industries, Infosys, State Bank of India, Tata Motors, Tata Steel, HDFC and Reliance Communications.
On Thursday, Citi sold shares worth Rs 71.72 crore of RIL, while in SBI, it offloaded shares worth Rs 7 crore. The other firms in which Citi sold stakes includes HDFC, Wipro, HDFC Bank, TCS, L&T, ONGC, DLF, M&M and Hindalco.
>"It seems that one of the big clients of Citigroup has offloaded its holding in the open market, while Credit Suisse has bought it. It may also be that the client has changed its fund house," SMC Global Vice President Rajesh Jain said.
Meanwhile, in Thursday`s trade overseas investors were the net seller of shares worth Rs 312.01 crore, as per provisional data available with the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Yesterday, foreign institutional investors were net seller of Indian equities worth Rs 118.8 crore, data with the market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India shows.
The stock markets barometer Sensex on Thursday settled the day at 17,584.87, higher by 0.43 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins